Saturday, February 19, 2011

Death

I know it's been awhile---and this is such a down subject, but...

Have you ever known a child that has passed? One of my students older sister passed today. It was sudden and unexpected. All day yesterday and today as I have prayed for this little girl and her family I have just been so sad. I cant even imagine something like this happening to me. I am so thankful that the Lord has protected everyone I have known and loved up until this point. So I sit and I ponder---as a parent, what do you say to your child when a friend has passed? I mean how do you explain to a second grader, or even the younger siblings that I know your sister was here yesterday, but she isn't here any longer. And how does one keep the faith when something so tragic happens?

So here I sit. Praying for the family. Praying for the young kids that were friends with her. That there would be comfort and understanding. That no one would lose faith in our loving Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment